Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Bumper Stickers: The Political Equivalent of Giving Somebody the Finger

Short and sweet today:

The only way I want to see political bumper stickers on your car is if you meet one of these three requirements:
a) You ARE the candidate. It's always ok for you to give into shameless promotion. Hell I'd do it if I were you.

b) The candidate(s) you are supporting are running unopposed (see rule "c")

c) You know or have 95% (real world) confidence that your candidate(s) will win the election and the only way their competitor(s) will win is if half of the voting population gets wiped out in a major Tsunami or visit from Godzilla/Mothra/Spaceball 1.
For those of you that don't fit into one of these criteria do you know how stupid you look when I see you driving with a Kerry/Edwards, Michael Steele or other sticker on your back window?

It takes all of my self control and fear of high insurance rates to not run you off the road.

No comments: