Monday, July 21, 2008

Old Testaments and New Revelations

To borrow a title from Kinky Friedman. Actually today’s topic really should be “New Testaments and Old Revelations.” However, that would require an argument on the topic of semantics and we all know that is something I’m not interested in getting into (along with arguments over “facts”, “truths” or “absolutes”).

Our New Testament is actually a New Arrival. Last night the Santiago and Elizabeth welcomed little Alex into this world. Forget that he wasn’t due for another month or so, Alex is a kid who looks at the “system” and says, “Nah, I’m gonna stick it to the Man!” Actually he stuck it to the woman in this case. Liz pulled through like a trooper and Santiago has yet to faint (although it was touch and go there for a while). Alex weighed in at just under 4 lbs which is just a few ounces heaver then the I-elizabeth which was the only thing to suffer last night as it ran out of power. Sources in the hospital (who wish not to be identified because they are not authorized to speak on the matter) tell NLAJ that there are no balloons currently on site but some are on the way today because “balloons make the party.” We wish all of the clan a very speedy recovery and hope to get some pictures up here soon.

The Old Revelation is that on Friday I officially hit “lifetime” status on my Weight Watchers diet plan. I hit my goal weight 6 weeks ago and kept it off during the maintenance period. So now, and this is the best part, the program is free! Yep that’s right free. Forget the fact that I’ve lost about 40lbs since the end of October 2007. Forget the fact that I feel great, look great, and smell great (well sorta). This stuff is free! It doesn’t get better then that!

No comments: