Friday, July 27, 2012

What's In a Name?

By the time many of you are reading this, the paperwork will be signed, the documents filed, the bank will have their money and my in-laws will have the keys. The keys to their new home away from home. They have made the plunge and purchased a vacation getaway.

Now you'd think they would get as far away from the hills and heat of the ATL  as possible. But where oh where will they be spending their downtime? They didn't buy on the sunny shores of Miami Beach or the tropical coasts of San Tropez. They didn't buy a home on the slopes of Vail or say closer to their only grandson. Nope. They are in some area called "The North Georgia Mountains" (not to be confused with the non-existent South Georgia Mountains). I believe the town is named after the local Walmart but I'm not sure.

Speaking of names, it's evidently tradition in the south to name your vacation home. I would just call it 1234 Any Street but I've heard that you shouldn't mess with tradition and since names like "The White House" and "House of Blues" are taken, here's my list of suggestions. My In-Laws can choose from this list or create their own. However if they choose the later I will be crushed and disappointed (and I may "accidentally" take a spoon home with me!).

In No Particular Order:

  • What Does This Switch Do?
  • You Did What?
  • Our Other House Is a Refrigerator Box Under the Bridge
  • Is It Time to Go Home Yet?
  • Burning Down Our House
  • House of Cards
  • The Kremlin
  • Hanukkah Harry HQ
  • I Can See Russia From Here
  • Bear Food Around Back
  • Valuables In The Safe
  • Solicitors Welcome
and of course
  • Bean Bag Camp (shutter!)

No comments: