Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Fliers Fliers Everywhere!

What good are fliers (with the exception of Chinese Food and Pizza menus)? How many people actually read them? They seem to me like useless litter. Whenever I see a few on my doorstep it reminds me of the good old days of college when people actually got paid to drive down the street, roll down the window, and throw out a pile of these fliers for various clubs or bars and let them come to a rest all over the grass and street.

Experiences like that have left me jaded to fliers (and grass for that matter). It comes to the point that when I see them in my neighborhood or G-d forbid on my doorstep I feel the urge to drive down to the location of the business advertising and paste the ubiquitous pieces of paper all over their door.

You are asking why the hell is he writing about this today? Well, for one, because I can, and for two because someone shared the following e-mail string with me today:

From: "SCOTT POLLY"
To: The Person who sent me this e-mail
Subject: RE: Your realty services
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 15:44:56 -0400

My crews would never deliberately throw things on the floor. They fall off of the doors if the door knobs are not completely tight. Again, we apologize. In reality, you have no idea how difficult it is to obtain clients in this business with the prices of flyers and marketing material. I could easily spend $5k to $6k a month, every month if I didn't do things this way as well. No harm done, we apologize. I hope you accept and that is acceptable. I am a very hard working agent. I work 7 days a week, and I am also a single father of 3 kids.
Thank you.


From: The Person who sent me this e-mail
Sent: Tue 9/4/2007 9:45 AM
To: SCOTT POLLY
Subject: RE: Your realty services

You'll want to tell your crews then not to LEAVE the materials on the floor - nothing "fell." They were deliberately left there, and it's called littering.

And you have full responsibility for your "crews."

-The Person Who Sent Me This E-mail


From: "SCOTT POLLY"
To: "The Person Who Sent Me this E-mail
Subject: RE: Your realty services
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 15:57:55 -0400

I have crews that put out my marketing materials, I am sorry if anything might have fallen in the floors. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please forgive us.
Scott Polly


From: The Person Who Sent me This E-mail
Sent: Mon 9/3/2007 3:44 PM
To: SCOTT POLLY
Subject: Your realty services

Mr. Polly,

You undoubtedly know that I returned to my home today to see that you have completely littered its hallways with fliers advertising your realty services.

In exchange, I intend inform any one I know who is in the market for an agent that you have no respect for people's homes and that they should not use your services. I also intend to inform Long and Foster of your actions.

In the future, I hope you will use more respect in your advertising efforts. If you must engage in such solicitations (which I'm certain my building has policies strictly forbidding them - a policy you chose to ignore), at least put forth the effort to place your fliers under people's doors rather than allow our hallways to look like your personal trash can. My neighbors and I deserve that much.

My building management (and those of others) needs to take more serious actions against individuals like you in the future, which I encourage them to do.

The person Who Sent me this E-mail

First it goes without saying that this realtor is a complete idiot and should consider going back to the post he held before he left for the "booming" DC housing market. You know over at the car wash as that guy that takes off the hose from the vacuum to pull out the nickles and tic-tacs that are clogging up the system.

It's not just that this guy is stupid but he actually tries to illicit sympathy by telling this person that he is a "single father". So if I understand this, the guy who has trouble getting clients, is basically telling an already pissed off "renter" that they should just accept the fliers and maybe use his services as a realtor when they decide to buy. Um....oh boy where to start. I'm going to leave it alone and let you form your own opinions.

I strongly urge you to e-mail this dope and tell him to start handing out menus on the street corner while dressed as a banana. It seems like a logical career move.

No comments: