Thursday, December 6, 2007

Holiday Themes Continue: Part 2: "New Holiday Slogan"

So every year at about this time, those of us who are G-d's chosen people are forced to look at nothing but X-mass decorations, Santa and his gassy reindeer, and hear people ringing bells and yelling "Merry X-mass" at us in front of grocery stores and while trying to "Us" them down over at our neighborhood Walmart.

But the one thing we don't have is our own slogan to yell at people (the ringing of bells is optional...but I prefer an airhorn). That is until now. Yours truly has developed what I think is not only a very seasonable greeting but a damn funny one if I do say so myself (and I do say so!):

Hag Samach!
Now Go Away!

Roughly translated "Hag Samach" is "Happy Holiday". I think this could be THE catch phrase of the next generation and we can all wish our "Non-Chosen" brethren with this simple word play. In fact I believe in it so much, I'm getting a T-shirt printed with the slogan.


Do you like? E-mail me and I'll add you to the order. We can get a discount if we order in bulk....way to "Us" them down!

No comments: