Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Battling Time, Dirty Rooms, Vote for Me, and Airtoons

Today I laud my BODY while I curse my ALARM CLOCK. These two entities did battle this morning and while my alarm clock won the early rounds, my body bounced back and took the fight when the ref went to the score cards.

It started this morning a little before 6am when my alarm woke me up and I rolled over to hit the old snooze button. Round 1: Alarm Clock. However what started as a 10 minute nap turned into a 45 minute snooze fest. In the end my body pulled itself off of the mat (bed) and woke up. You really have to give it to the body, after taken its lumps early on in this battle it showed tenacity and toughness and came back to conquer the alarm clock that wouldn’t go off.

The one thing my body probably can’t overcome is a dirty, nasty hotel room. Thanks to the folks at TripAdvisor.com we now know. This is the list of the 10 dirtiest hotels in America as rated by the readers:

· Tropicana Resort Hotel, Virginia Beach, Va.

· Hotel Carter, New York, N.Y.

· Days Inn Downtown/Port, Miami, Fla.

· Budget Inn, Knoxville, Tenn.

· Red Carpet Inn, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

· New York Inn, New York, N.Y.

· Poindexter Ocean Front Resort, Myrtle Beach, S.C.

· Days Inn, Lancaster, Pa.

· Ramada Inn Miami Airport North, Miami, Fla.

· Sea Club Resort, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

Stay away from these places at all cost. I know I will.

For those of you who have the opportunity to vote for school board holders in Montgomery County, MD I am hereby throwing my hat into the ring for the At Large seat that is being voted on February 12. I don’t really want this job but want to prove that I can win an election with no advertising, fancy mailers or even taking a position on any of the “issues.” If you are interested in voting for me, send me an e-mail (in my profile) and I’ll give you the proper spelling of my name and the best place for you to vote. Remember vote early and often!

Finally I want to share AIRTOONS with you. Airtoons.com is a site selling T-shirts that use illustrations found in your airplane’s seat back safety manual. Here are few samples:


No comments: