Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Run. Doughnut. Run

As Debbie (my former Mistress) put it yesterday “Now this is a race that I can get behind.” I completely agree. The following is the actual text from the USA Today article. I do not have authorization to republish this but am doing so with full citation:

N.C. racers run 2 miles, eat 12 donuts, run back
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — It's a challenge, all right.
In a charity race Saturday, more than 5,000 runners ran two miles to a downtown Raleigh Krispy Kreme shop, ate a dozen glazed doughnuts each and returned to North Carolina State University in less than an hour.

That's 2,400 calories and 144 grams of fat consumed while burning about 400 calories during the run.

The student-run Krispy Kreme Challenge raised about $35,000 for the North Carolina Children's Hospital.

The event began on a dare among college friends in 2004. Then-freshman Ben Gaddy won the first race by beating nine guys in about a half-hour.

His reward? A terrible stomach ache.
Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
This has got to be my next “Must Do” Race and I strongly encourage all of you to consider following my lead. I might even contact these folks and see if we can set up something like this here.

Drool......ummmmmm doooooooonuts.......Drool

No comments: