Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Another Year in the Books

As Tennessee Ernie Ford said, "...and deeper in debt."

Well I guess except for that last part but a house mortgage is no joke. But I am another year older today and I thought that it might be a good time to take a trip in the way back machine to see what I may have been thinking back then and how things have changed.

Ten Years-1999
I graduated college and started out in the real world making just below minimum wage cutting my teeth in the TV business. My lack of fear surrounding Y2k proved to be accurate. I don't remember if I was dating anybody in particular at the time but it couldn't have been too important if I don't remember. I had no idea that only a year later I would begin my decent into the sordid world of running.

20 years ago -1989
Public Enemy was on my walkman (still is but now on my MP3) and I was rocking the silk shirts with the polka dots, a look soon to be hijacked by Bud Bundy and Parker Lewis (I just found full eps of Parker Lewis Can't Loose.". So excited!) The famous coming of age saga known as my Bar Mitzvah was celebrated in grand style and 7th grade was in full effect (word). Hell I even remember that we all supported a Bush in the White House, a mistake looking back on it. Then again my only other choice was Dukak1s. What a schmo.

30 Years Ago - 1979
I think you are really desperate if you've both read this far and if you think I remember anything from those days. For all I know I might have had a $200/day meth habit. I've managed to cut back so its ok now.

Another year, another candle, another year of complaints. Get ready!

No comments: