Wednesday, July 14, 2010

This Is Not My Jello

Sure it’s sat in the back of the fridge for a while. I don’t exactly know how long but I do remember that Mrs. Bloggerman bought it a while ago. It’s sat on the bottom shelf, just above the produce drawers and just below the milk and juices. It was part of a six-pack, several of some have already been eaten.

With no yogurt, my preferred afternoon snack, on hand I decided to take a chance on the cup of sugar-free cherry. It was a risk that didn’t pay off.

I opened the cup this afternoon and noticed that 1) it was very sweet, like overly sweet and 2) that it was a little watery. Wait a minute. Jello is supposed to be springy and bouncy but not watery.

That’s when it hit me. Much like Chinese Food and Yogurt, Jello can also go bad. Yikes. Well how bad was it. June 10 was the date so we’re looking at 30+ days beyond the recommended deadline.

What now? Do I just sit hear waiting for my body to turn to jelly like Kareem did in Airplane? Do I go home and sit there for my body to turn to jelly? Or do I risk everything and get on with my life. Sigh, too many decisions for one day. I think I’m going to take a nap.

No comments: