Monday, October 8, 2012

Incubators Don't Take Days Off


Daycare is truly an amazing thing. The basic idea of paying somebody to watch your child 810 hours a day is truly hey miracle of modern science. That is until they bring home a cold or other germ infestation. Then they go from giggles to incubators, growing those germs until they are ready to go out into the world and find a way new host. That's where I come in.

It seems these little buggers have no problem invading my immune system so that even on a day off (which is rare when you are unemployed) I'm congested and foggy when I should be bubbly and cheerful.

Why do we put up with it? Sure the kids are cute but are they really worth this miserable "blowback"?

The short answer is, of course, but it doesn't mean that I can't be grumpy today. I'm grumpy all the time so there's not a whole lot of difference but I'm still peeved at being sick.

The thing that really gets me is there is no real effective way to treat it. The best I can an do tonight is a lot of fluids (read lots of bathroom trips) and a couple of generic nyquills. Of course if the Jets stink it up in the second half, a little help getting drowsy might not be a bad idea.

No comments: