Thursday, January 5, 2012

Dear Impending Cold,


Either get here or go away. I don't care for the ambiguous way you are trying to work your way into my body.

It is now the third week or so of winter and we've had a fairly good relationship so far. I take my vitamins each morning and make sure to dress appropriately for the weather. Even this week, which started out frigid, I have been careful to bundle up.

Yet you linger. You make your presence just detectable with a dry scratchy throat and swollen sinuses. You are being a bit coy with an occasional cough or sneeze.

You're not fooling me. I know you're here. I haven't run since Saturday in an attempt to stop you at the gates and frankly I'm feeling miserable about missing that time.

So either get here or go away. You are robbing me of sleep, you are robbing me of exercise, and you are costing me money as I'm on my way to the store to get vitamin C and anything else I think will help. About the only thing you're good for is clearing seats on the train.

This is your official eviction notice. Either step up to the plate or get the f*#k out!

Sincerely,
The Management

No comments: